North Island’s spectacular and diverse vista opens up to you as you go onboard the historic Northern Explorer train. Venture through the heart of New Zealand as you journey from Auckland’s impressive urban landscape, through some of its most awe-inspiring outdoors, to the capital of Wellington, a hub for art and culture. You’ll get to experience volcanic views, geothermal wonders, and out-of-this-world underground terrain.
• Northern Explorer Train journey: kick off your rail adventure from the harbour city of Auckland and behold magnificent natural marvels through New Zealand’s North Island; ride high on soaring viaducts rising above tree lines, see languid coastlines, take in volcanic views from the open-air carriage
• The Silky Oak Chocolate Dipper Tour Napier: learn how chocolates are made in this renowned chocolate shop; you can also find a gift shop, café and chocolate museum at the Silky Oak Chocolates
• Visit Lake Taupo, a large crater lake in the caldera of Taupō Volcano
• Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland Rotorua: a colourful geothermal attraction worth exploring for its orange-rimmed bubbling Champagne Pool and the lime-green coloured Roto Kārikitea
• Waitomo Glowworm Caves: a network of caves known for their abundance of glow worms, subterranean river system and stalactite and stalagmite formations
Pricing featured is based on 2 adults sharing and priced as per person in Australian Dollars. Pricing is correct at the time of submission but is subject to change without notice.
Valid for travel from 01 Oct 2023 to 30 Apr 2024 and valid for sale until 31 Dec 2023 unless sold out prior.
Due to Northern Explorer schedule, this package must start in Auckland on a Sun, Wed or Fri only. Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates apply including special events and holiday periods.
Deluxe accommodation will be advised at time of quoting and will be confirmed at time of booking.
Car hire with Europcar is based on a Mitsubishi ASX Auto with Day 4 pick up at 9am from Wellington City and drop off at Auckland International Airport on Day 10 by 5pm. Europcar rental conditions and excess policy applies.
While online booking websites may tempt you with cost savings, It's crucial to be mindful of th
Turkey is one of those fascinating countries that when you finally visit and see for yourself,