For centuries, many of Italy’s picturesque towns have been a backdrop for great literature and for good reason. See how it has inspired many visitors in this 9-day/8-night railway journey that will take you from the sun-drenched tiny islands off the elegant lakeside town of Stresa to the romantic cities of Verona and Venice. The beauty of the turquoise waters and sceneries around Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, and Lake Como also lends itself for a relaxing and magical escape.
In between walking through sprawling, ancient palazzos, majestic duomos, and beautiful piazzas, you get to ride the Centovalli Railway, which takes one of Europe’s more scenic routes. Through the enchanting One Hundred Valleys, you’ll cross from Domodossola to Locarno, where you even get to stop in a sunny lakeside town in southern Switzerland. This railway journey might often feel like a dream but it just shows how the romance of train travel is very much real.
Isole Borromee, Isola Bella, Isola Madre
Dumodossola-Locarno railway line
One Hundred Valleys
Duomo di Milano
Piazza St. Marco
Day 1 Arrive in Stresa: Lake Maggiore; welcome dinner
Day 2 Stresa: Isole Borromee, Isola Bella, Isola Madre
Day 3 Stresa – Como: Centovalli Railway, One Hundred Valleys
Day 4 Como: Lake Como boat cruise, Bellagio
Day 5 Como – Milan – Verona: Duomo di Milano, Sforzesco Castle, Fashion ‘Quadrilatero’
Day 6 Verona – Lake Garda: Verona Arena, Piazza delle Erbe, Sirmione
Day 7 Verona – Venice: Murano
Day 8 Venice: Piazza St. Marco, Rialto Bridge, Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs
Day 9 Depart Venice
• 8 nights’ Accommodation
• Professional English Speaking Guide for the entire duration of the Tour.
• Continental Buffet Breakfast Daily
• 1 x Dinner
• High Speed Train Transfer in First class
• Vaporetto Pass 48 hour in Venice
• Porterage service at Railway Stations and/or our ‘luggage bus’ (that delivers luggage from hotel to hotel)
• We’ll offset all the carbon emissions of your trip! We supports international environmental projects oriented to carbon offset (according to Gold Standard, Verra Standard or CDM Standard) and plants native tree species across Italy.
Hotels (or similar):
• Stresa: Hotel Bristol 4*
• Como: Hotel Palace 4*
• Verona: Hotel Indigo 4*
• Venezia: NH Collection Murano Villa 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations.
Departs on July 23, August 6 and 20; September 3, 10 and 17; October 1, 15 and 29
Ask the consultant for 2024 Rates
• Personal Expenses
• Hotel City Taxes (to be paid on spot)
• Whatever not listed in ‘Price Includes’
While online booking websites may tempt you with cost savings, It's crucial to be mindful of th
Turkey is one of those fascinating countries that when you finally visit and see for yourself,